Aranmula Kottaram or Aranmula Palace is an old palace at Aranmula, a historical and traditional village in Kerala, India. Aranmula Palace was built more than 200 years ago. This palace is known as Aranmula Vadakke Kottaram. Aranmula palace is the halt place of holy journey "Thiruvabharana khosa yatra" at Aranmula. Aranmula Kottaram is situated in front of ARANMULA SREE PARTHA SARATHI TEMPLE and very close to the Holly River PAMPA. This palace is one of the best and rare example of architectural form 'Nalukettu' which is made based on Thachu_Sastra, or the Science of Carpentry and Traditional Vasthu.
Built by the Dutch in India, Bolgatty Palace is located on the island popularly known as Bolgatty Island in Kochi, Kerala. One of the oldest existing Dutch palaces outside Holland, this quaint mansion, built in 1744, by Dutch traders, was later extended and gardens were landscaped around it. The building was then the Governor's palace for the Dutch and later in 1909 was leased to the British. It served as the home of the British Governors, being the seat of the British Resident of Cochin during the British regime. In 1947, when India obtained independence, the palace became the property of the state and was later converted into a heritage hotel resort. Bolgatty Palace now has a swimming pool, 9-hole golf course, ayurvedic centre and daily Kathakali performances and is a holiday destination for Indian and overseas tourists. There is in a temple dedicated to Shiva that is the first of its kind in Kerala.
Halcyon Castle was built in 1932 in the princely state of Travancore, in the modern day state of Kerala, India. It was constructed by M.R.Ry Sri Rama Varma Valiya Koil Thampuran, the consort of H.H. Maharani Sethu Lakshmi Bayi, as a retreat for their family. In 1964 the entire property was sold to the Government of Kerala by the Valiya Koil Thampuran, and has since been converted into a deluxe hotel. The castle became disputed when the ITDC (India Tourism Development Corporation) who was running the hotel sold out the hotel to a private Hotel resort group.The government of Kerala is trying to take the possession of the castle by claiming it as a heritage site, although, not without challenge by the hotel group. The Halcyon castle is also known as Kovalam Palace, as it is situated in the international beach resort of Kovalam in Trivandrum. The palace is now under the possession of Leela Group, which runs the 5 star deluxe hotel in Kovalam.
Kanakakkunnu Palace is situated in Thiruvananthapuram near the Napier museum. Today the palace and it's sprawling grounds are the venue for many cultural meets and programmes. An all India Dance Festival (October to March) is organised by the Department of Tourism every year. During this period the classical Indian Dance performances are conducted every day.
Kilimanoor palace is famous as the birth place of Raja Ravi Varma, the celebrated Indian painter. The Palace complex covers more than six hectares, and comprises the traditional residential structures of Kerala, like the Nalukettu, small and medium sized buildings, two ponds, wells and sacred groves (kaavu). Raja Ravi Varma is said to have built and maintained some of the buildings from the proceeds of his paintings. Families related to the Travancore royal house continue to live here.
Kowdiar Palace in Trivandrum, Kerala, India was built in 1915 by Sree Moolam Thirunal and was gifted to Sethu Parvati Bayi.It is the official residence of the Travancore Royal Family. Kowdiar Palace's architectural work is famous and has over 150 rooms. The entry to this famous palace, which has great historical importance, is restricted.
Laxmipuram Palace is situated in Changanacherry Taluk in Kottayam District in the state of Kerala in India. It was the seat of the royal family of Koi thampurans and has produced many illustrious writers such as Kerala Varma Valiya Koil Thampuran and A. R. Raja Raja Varma. Noted Malayalam singer and classical musician L. P. R. Varma also hails from this palace.
The Krishnapuram Palace is a rare specimen of the Kerala style of architecture, complete with gabled roofs, narrow corridors and dormer windows. Residence of the rulers of Kayamkulam Kingdom, the age of the palace is unknown. Renovated in the 18th century, the palace is today a protected monument under the Archaeology Department. Recently it was again renovated according to the scientific techniques prescribed for the protection of heritage buildings. One can come across many rare antiques and paintings when exploring this beautiful palace.
The Poonjar Palace in Kottayam is a great example of the exalted times and memories of a bygone era. Walk in and behold the royal antiques and exotic furniture, a droni (treatment bed) carved out of a single piece of wood for Ayurvedic massages, huge chandeliers, palm leaf engravings, jewel boxes, varieties of lamps, sculptures of Nataraja (the dancing Siva), grain measures, statues and weapons.
The Mattancherry Palace, also known as the Dutch Palace, in Mattancherry, Kochi, in the Indian state of Kerala features Kerala murals depicting Hindu temple art, portraits and exhibits of the Rajas of Kochi.
Nedumpuram Palace is situated in Tiruvalla, Pathanamthitta District, Kerala, India. The palace belongs to a branch of the Kulasekhara dynasty that ruled the principality of Udayamangalam in Northern Kerala. The family belongs originally to the Valluvanad royal line of ascension who presided over the Mamamkamfestival. During the southern campaign of Tippu Sultan, the family relocated to the south of Kerala and took shelter under the patronage of the King of Travancore. The family divided into two branches establishing principalities within Travencore in Mariapalli and Tiruvalla. The current palace stands at the earlier location of a palace that belonged to the Raja of Tiruvalla.
Padmanabhapuram Palace complex is located in at Padmanabhapuram Fort, close to the town of Thuckalay in Kanyakumari District, Tamilnadu. It is about 20 km from Nagercoil, and about 50 kilometers from Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala. The palace complex is inside an old granite fortress around four kilometers long. The palace is located at the foot of the Veli Hills, which form a part of the Western Ghats. The river Valli flows nearby. The palace is administered by the Government of Kerala archeology department.
Pandalam palace is the permanent home for the royal family of Pandalam. It is cituated on the banks of river Achankovil. Although most of the original buildings have vanished by flood and fires, a few still remain which could be witnessed in the area among the newly constructed buildings. There are two palace complexes at present. The first one is Valiyakoikkal Temple and the other the Kaipuzha Temple. The Valiya koikkal temple is situated on the left bank of Achenkoil river and the Kaipuzha temple is situated about one kilometer away from the first on the right bank.
Shakthan Thampuran Palace is situated in Thrissur city of Kerala state, India. It is named as Vadakkekara Palace, was reconstructed in Kerala-Dutchstyle in 1795 by Ramavarma Thampuran of the erstwhile Princely State of Cochin, well as Sakthan Thampuran (Greatest ruler of the Cochin dynasty) is preserved by Archaeological Department. The palace was converted into a museum in 2005 by State
Puthen Malika Palace, most popularly known as Kuthira Malika (Mansion of Horses), is a palace built by Swathi Thirunal Rama Varma, on the south-eastern side of Padmanabhaswamy temple in Thiruvananthapuram. This interesting museum located in Fort Area is housed in an 18th century palace, built by Raja Swathi Thirunal Balarama Varma, a statesman, poet, musician and social reformer. The museum displays a rare collection of various artifacts from the royal era, including a solid crystal throne given by the Dutch. A fine example of Kerala architecture this wooden palace has polished floors and a sloping tiled roof. The wood carvings are very much fascinating.
Located in a well planned compound is a complex of museums and the city’s zoo. The government Arts and Crafts museum, earlier known as the Napier museum is in a red and black brick Indo-Saracenic structure, designed by Robert Fellows Chisholm in 19th century. The museum has a vast collection of bronzes, stone sculptures, exquisite gold ornaments, ivory carvings and a temple chariot. The Shri Chitra Art Gallery is located north of the museum. Housed in a beautiful building, the gallery incorporates the best elements of the local architecture. The pride of its vast collection is the huge works of Raja Ravi Varma, who was the finest Indian artist of his period.
The archaeological and art museum at Thrissur has a good collection of wood carvings, metal sculptures and ancient jewelers. Located near the Zoo, at a distance of 2 km from the Thrissur town, this museum is a treasure trove of various Veerakallu, temple models, olagrandhangal (manuscripts on dry palm leaves), megaliths like earthen pots and urns etc. The museum opens from 10:00 am to 5:00 pm on all days except Mondays and national holidays.
This museum exhibits huge collection of wood and metal sculptures, models of temples and reconstruction of megalithic monuments. The Art Gallery located adjacent to this museum displays paintings of Kerala’s cherished artist Raja Ravi Varma, who brought international reputation to the state. The museum is named after the great king Pazhassiraja Kerala Varma of the Padinjare Kovilakom of the Kottayam royal family. Pazhassiraja led the famous ‘Pazhassi Revolt’ against East India Company and was known as “Lion of Kerala”.
The Natural History Museum to the east of the government museum has a vast collection of replica of a typical Kerala Nair wooden house, naluketu, detailing the principles of its construction. The Kanakakunnu Palace where the royal family of Travancore once entertained their guests is adjacent to this complex, on the top of a hill.
The rulers of Cochin used to conduct their durbars in this impressive building located within the Durbar Hall Grounds. Now it has been converted to a museum with priceless collection of archaeological findings and relics including old coins, sculptures, oil paintings and murals. The building has been taken over by the Kerala Lalitha Kala Academy and now houses the Gallery of Contemporary Art. The exhibits in the museum have been transferred to the Hill Palace Museum.
The Hill Palace at Thripunithura, 10 km southeast of Ernakulam, was built in 1895 and was the official residence of the rulers of Cochin. The palace set in spacious gardens, is now a museum with vast collection of paintings, manuscripts and royal memorabilia. The exquisite floor tiles and sweeping wooden staircases have grandeur of their own.
Situated at Kalamassery, this museum has a priceless collection of various artifacts related to the art and culture of Kerala. It also displays spectacular audiovisual exhibits depicting the history of Kerala’s rich culture and tradition. The life size images of famous personalities of Kerala and various paintings are its added attractions.
The Wayanad Heritage Museum at Ambalavayal showcases the relics/mementos of Wayanad’s heritage recovered from different parts of the district over several years. Extensive surveys were undertaken in the district in 1986 when Shri Ravindran Thampi was the Distrct Collector. The effort was continued during the time of the District Collector Shri Viswas Mehta’s stewardship. The museum is the culmination of efforts extending over a decade. It came up at a time when the idea of having heritage museums in every district was discussed at the national level and the Wayanad Heritage Museum was perhaps the first of its kind in the country.
The world's first Teak (Tectonagrandis) plantation was raised in Nilambur way back in the 1840s and is among the premier teak plantations in the world. Visitors come here in large numbers and are greeted by the extensive root system of a 55-year-old teak tree in the portico. The teak plantation nearby is host to this great tree which is the oldest of its kind in the world. Some of the other attractions here are the traditional granary and a miniature model of a sailing vessel called Uru, made of teak wood. There are a variety of birds and reptiles in the 800 m long bio-resources natural trail. There are 50 naturally grown tree species and 136 endangered and near-extinct tree species of the Western Ghats planted here. This museum takes you on an enriching journey that cannot be replicated anywhere else in the world.Visiting hours: 10:00 - 17:00 hrs Contact details: Phone: +91 4931 222846 Website: www.kfri.res.in/teak_museum.asp Getting there Nearest railway station: Nilambur, about 3 km Nearest airport: Calicut International Airport, about 36 km from Malappuram Location Latitude: 11.301059, Longitude: 76.249727
© 2018 . All Rights Reserved. Designed by Bonjour Media